AUTOMOTIVE SERVICE TECHNOLOGY – I470608 • Automotive Service Technology prepares you for entry-level careers in all eight areas of specialization listed by the National Institute of Automotive Service Excellence. Local dealerships readily hire our students. Some graduates are earning six figure salaries.
The Automotive Technology program is accredited by the National Automotive Technicians Education Foundation (N.A.T.E.F)
|COURSE CODE||COURSE TITLE||HOURS|
|AER0014||Automobile Service Assistor||300|
|AER0110||Engine Repair Technician||150|
|AER0257||Automatic Transmission and Transaxle Technician||150|
|AER0274||Manual Drivetrain and Axle Technician||150|
|AER0453||Automobile Suspension and Steering Technician||150|
|AER0418||Automotive Brake System Technician||150|
|AER0360||Automotive Electrical/Electronic System Technician||300|
|AER0172||Automotive Heating and Air-Conditioning Technician||150|
|AER00503||Automotive Engine Performance Technician||300|
AUTOMOTIVE SERVICE TECHNOLOGY – I470608
$17.60 hourly, $36,610 annual
Compare cost of program to future earnings
ASE Automobile/Light Truck Technician exams:
• Automatic Transmission/Transaxle
• Electrical/Electronic Systems
• Engine Performance
• Engine Repair
• Heating and Air Conditioning
• Manual drive Train and Axles
• Suspension and Steering
• ASE Automobile Service Consultant
• ASE Master Automobile Technician
Program Length: 1,800 hours
FALL & SPRING HOURS:
M – F, 8:00 a.m. – 2:30 p.m.
Hours may vary
Students must take the Tests of Adult Basic Education (TABE). In lieu of the TABE test, applicants who possess a college degree at the associate in applied science level or higher may submit proof of a U.S. college degree from a regionally accredited institution.
1. Meet with an advisor to discuss career programs.
2. Complete an application, and pay a $30.00 non-refundable application fee. The application fee is valid for one year.
3. Complete Tests of Adult Basic Education (TABE) test if required.
• Students who self-identify with a disability will be referred to Specialized Student Services.