COSMETOLOGY – D500100 • Cosmetology provides students with technical knowledge and skills necessary to qualify for the Florida Cosmetology State Licensure Examination. Instruction includes a combination of classroom theory and practical experiences through practice on mannequins and actual customers in our state-of-the-art salon.
|COURSE CODE||COURSE TITLE||HOURS|
|CSP0009||Grooming and Salon Services Core, Facials and Nails||225|
|COS0002||Cosmetologist and Hairdresser 1||300|
|COS0003||Cosmetologist and Hairdresser 2||300|
|COS0009||Cosmetologist and Hairdresser 3||375|
COSMETOLOGY – D500100
$10.91 hourly, $22,700 annual
Compare cost of program to future earnings
• Florida State Board of Cosmetology Exam
Program Length: 1,200 hours
FALL & SPRING HOURS:
M – F, 8:00 a.m. – 2:30 p.m.
Hours may vary
Students must take the Tests of Adult Basic Education (TABE). In lieu of the TABE test, applicants who possess a college degree at the associate in applied science level or higher may submit proof of a U.S. college degree from a regionally accredited institution.
1. Meet with an advisor to discuss career programs.
2. Complete an application, and pay a $30.00 non-refundable application fee. The application fee is valid for one year.
3. Complete Tests of Adult Basic Education (TABE) test if required.
• Students who self-identify with a disability will be referred to Specialized Student Services.