DENTAL ASSISTING – H170106 •Upon graduating from the Dental Assisting Program the student will be able to perform different types of patient care, office and laboratory duties. The student will be able to assist the dentist and other dental auxiliary to provide more efficient dental treatment. A major part of the program includes externships in various dental offices throughout Collier County.
|COURSE CODE||COURSE TITLE||HOURS|
|Introduction to Dental Assisting
Dental Infection Control Assistant
|Dental Assisting 1
Dental Assisting 2
DENTAL ASSISTING – H170106
$16.59 hourly, $34,500 annual
Compare cost of program to future earnings
• Earn certificates in Dental Radiology and Expanded Functions according to Florida Board of Industry requirements for Dental Assistants
• Upon completion of the program the student is prepared to take the Certified Dental Assistant (CDA) exam
Program Length: 1,230 hours
FALL & SPRING HOURS:
M – F, 8:00 a.m. – 2:30 p.m.
Hours may vary
Students must take the Tests of Adult Basic Education (TABE). In lieu of the TABE test, applicants who possess a college degree at the associate in applied science level or higher may submit proof of a U.S. college degree from a regionally accredited institution.
1. Meet with an advisor to discuss career programs.
2. Complete an application, and pay a $30.00 non-refundable application fee. The application fee is valid for one year.
3. Complete Tests of Adult Basic Education (TABE) test if required.
• Students who self-identify with a disability will be referred to Specialized Student Services.