MARINE SERVICE TECHNOLOGIES – I490306 • There is one boat for every six households in Southwest Florida, making us Number One per capita in the country for boat ownership. The Marine Service Technology program focuses on maintaining, troubleshooting, repairing, removing, and installing marine engines and systems in pleasure boats, yachts, and commercial craft. You will learn all aspects of electrical, fuel, ignition, cooling, lubrication and drive systems.
|COURSE CODE||COURSE TITLE||HOURS|
|MTE0090||Outboard Engine Technician||300|
|MTE0074||Outboard Engine Diagnostics Technician||150|
|MTE0092||Inboard Gas Engine Technician||300|
|MTE0093||Drive Train Technician||150|
|MTE0056||Inboard Diesel Technician||150|
MARINE SERVICE TECHNOLOGIES – I490306
$17.08 hourly, $35,530 annual
Compare cost of program to future earnings
• 23 Mercury Marine Factory E-Skills Certification Tests
Program Length: 1,350 hours
FALL & SPRING HOURS:
M – F, 7:15 a.m. – 1:45 p.m.
Hours may vary
Students must take the Tests of Adult Basic Education (TABE). In lieu of the TABE test, applicants who possess a college degree at the associate in applied science level or higher may submit proof of a U.S. college degree from a regionally accredited institution.
1. Meet with an advisor to discuss career programs.
2. Complete an application, and pay a $30.00 non-refundable application fee. The application fee is valid for one year.
3. Complete Tests of Adult Basic Education (TABE) test if required.
• Students who self-identify with a disability will be referred to Specialized Student Services