MEDICAL ADMINISTRATIVE SPECIALIST – B070300 • You can have the best of both worlds when you learn the professional and technical skills that are in demand, along with medical terminology and office procedures needed to work in hospitals, insurance companies, clinics, and medical research centers.
Learn administrative office duties and procedures specific to the medical environment and …
Exceptional planning, management, human relations, decision making, communication, finance, insurance, technical and production skills.
Proficiency with touch keyboarding and computer applications including the advanced features in business software to perform office-related tasks in word processing, spreadsheet, database, and presentation software.
Essential knowledge of medical terminology to produce and transcribe medical correspondence and forms.
Official processing of health insurance documentation.
|COURSE CODE||COURSE TITLE||HOURS|
|OTA0040||Information Technology Assistant||150|
|OTA0041||Front Desk Specialist||300|
|OTA0050||Legal Administrative Specialist||450|
MEDICAL ADMINISTRATIVE SPECIALIST – B070300
$14.12 hourly, $29,370 annual
Compare cost of program to future earnings
• Microsoft Office Specialist (MOS) for Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Access, and Outlook
• Microsoft Office Master (Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook—must pass all four)
Program Length: 1,050 hours
FALL & SPRING HOURS:
M – F, 7:15 a.m. – 1:45 p.m.
Hours may vary
Students must take the Tests of Adult Basic Education (TABE). In lieu of the TABE test, applicants who possess a college degree at the associate in applied science level or higher may submit proof of a U.S. college degree from a regionally accredited institution.
1. Meet with an advisor to discuss career programs.
2. Complete an application, and pay a $30.00 non-refundable application fee. The application fee is valid for one year.
3. Complete Tests of Adult Basic Education (TABE) test if required.
• Students who self-identify with a disability will be referred to Specialized Student Services.