MEDICAL ASSISTING – H170515 • Medical Assisting is a profession whose practitioners work primarily in settings such as medical offices and clinics. Medical assistants function as members of the health care delivery team and perform administrative and clinical procedures.
Skills include: Computer skills, word processing, medical terminology, transcription, scheduling appointments, medical correspondence, billing, coding and insurance, and clinical internship emphasizing hands-on care.
|COURSE CODE||COURSE TITLE||HOURS|
|HSC0003||Basic Healthcare Worker||90|
|MEA0002||Introduction to Medical Assisting||250|
|MEA0501||Medical Office Procedures||75|
|MEA0543||EKG Aide, MA||75|
|MEA0530||Pharmacology for Medical Assisting||90|
|MEA0506||Administrative Office Procedures||90|
MEDICAL ASSISTING – H170515
$14.12 hourly, $29,370 annual
Compare cost of program to future earnings
• Certified Medical Assistant (CMA) Exam
Program Length: 1,300 hours
FALL & SPRING HOURS:
M – F, 8:00 a.m. – 2:30 p.m.
Hours may vary
Students must take the Tests of Adult Basic Education (TABE). In lieu of the TABE test, applicants who possess a college degree at the associate in applied science level or higher may submit proof of a U.S. college degree from a regionally accredited institution.
1. Meet with an advisor to discuss career programs.
2. Complete an application, and pay a $30.00 non-refundable application fee. The application fee is valid for one year.
3. Complete Tests of Adult Basic Education (TABE) test if required.
• Students who self-identify with a disability will be referred to Specialized Student Services.